Daedalus reef called Abu Kizan in Arabic, a coral atoll that reaches an extent of about 400 square meters, located on the upper end of a volcanic crater. In the center there is a small island of fine sand on which in 1863 the first lighthouse consisting of traricci was placed. In 1931 the concrete lighthouse was built which today is the main element of the landscape. On the north side of the atoll it is common to meet a large school of hammerhead sharks that will materialize from the blue. The walls will offer a view of schools of pelagic fish, coral fish as well as dense concentrations of colorful alcyonaries.
The south-facing wall presents itself with impressive madreporic terraced conformations that will give the sensation of swimming in a lunar landscape. After spending the first two days in Daedalus, in the night they will leave the moorings to sail 90 miles south to the mythical island of Zabargad and Rocky Island.
The island of Zabargad has been known since the time of the pharaohs for the presence of the ancient mines from which olivine, a green stone similar to the emerald, was extracted. Also narrated by Pliny the Elder in his Naturalis Historia which tells us “of the island of Topazos which is located in the Red Sea three hundred stadia from the continent; which since it is cloudy and beaten by strong winds is long sought by sailors.” Zabargad is today a wild and uninhabited island that preserves an extraordinary nature. In Zabargad you will dive along the south wall characterized by a multitude of very scenic passages. On the north east side of the island there is the wreck of the Khanka , a cargo ship of Russian nationality sunk in the early 1970s.
1.5 miles to the south-east meets the island of Rocky Island , a real pearl from an underwater point of view with diving on the South-East and North-West tip. After the intense days spent in Zabargad </ strong> </ p>